My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies {Queen + Adam Lambert Concert Recap}

July 06, 2016

Hello Sparkles! I've been expressing my love for Queen for a long time on the blog. What I haven't written about is that I have b...

Hello Sparkles!
I've been expressing my love for Queen for a long time on the blog. What I haven't written about is that I have been listening to their songs for 8 years. This week marks 8 years since I got my first MP3 player for having perfect grades. Since I didn't have a computer, I asked my sister to get me a couple of Slovenian songs (that I am not very proud of) and because my music taste embarrassed her, she put on some Queen songs. I already knew the ones that Slovenian radio stations played all the time (We Are The Champions, We Will Rock You, Radio Ga Ga) but I didn't know Bohemian Rhapsody. I remember my sister explained it as kinda funny, but she said I would grow to like it. And I did. Along with every single song that the band Queen has ever created, they've helped me through some terrible times.
Sadly, Freddie Mercury died 5 years before I was born, so I am never going to see him perform live or feel his energy on stage. But on Saturday when I saw the remaining part of Queen, Brian May and Roger Taylor (the third one, John Deacon retired in the '90s) perform with Adam Lambert, I felt like that was just as close as I was ever going to get. I know it's not the same without Freddie, but this concert seemed like a beautiful tribute to him.
And since I love Adam Lambert, too, it really felt as if I'm getting two concerts for one.


I have been dying of excitement ever since me and my best friend (who shares my love of Queen) bought the tickets in December. Every moment I thought about it, my heart skipped a beat and knowing what I was going to experience made me push through all the stress of finals.

Suddenly, the day was here. June 25th.
Nika and I met up in Ljubljana, sat on the bus that took us to the concert in Piazzola sul Brenta, which is a tiny city near Padua. There's a music festival going on there (if you're a fan of Lionel Richie, Mika or Elton John, you can still buy the tickets) since the Queen+AL summer tour was part of all kinds of European music festivals. We got there at around 7pm, got the tickets, the golden pit bracelets, and hurried to the stage, where we camped out until the beginning.

Around 9.30pm they hung up the curtains with the Queen logo and then came 10 minutes of drums and anticipation. This whole time I'm thinking JUST COME OUT ALREADY, YOU'RE BREAKING MY FRAIL QUEEN-LOVING LITTLE HEART.
And then they started playing Flash and I started crying because after all this time of loving them, Brian May and Roger Taylor were standing in front of me. Literally in front of me, since I stood in one of the first few rows. And they put on an amazing show.


Just a few highlights (since we only took a few photos of the actual concert, just for evidence):
  • Adam Lambert was just as freaking badass as I though he would be.
  • He drank water from a chalice and then spat it out like a fountain.
  • Brian May performed an amazing cover of Love of My Life.
  • Roger Taylor had a drum battle with his son, Rufus (who looks GREAT, by the way).
  • There was a beautiful tribute to David Bowie before they performed Under Pressure (the song that made me love David in the first place), Starman played before the concert and Heroes played after the concert.
  • During a few songs they played a video of Freddie singing it and it was amazing.
  • I basically cried for two and a half hours because of the awesomeness.
  • This was one of my favorite experiences ever.


Are there any Queenies out there? 

You Might Also Like These:

0 komentarji