Milestones

July 20, 2016

I turned 20 last week. Major change, I know.  I wrote this letter to myself a while ago, and I decided to post it here, so here we go.  ☺ ...

I turned 20 last week. Major change, I know. I wrote this letter to myself a while ago, and I decided to post it here, so here we go. 


Dear 10-year-old Jerneja!

I'm going to be completely honest with you: life gets different in the next 10 years of your life. People say that this is the decade when everything changes, and thy're not wrong.
There will come a day when you will get your first period and you'll be sitting on the couch, binge-eating bananas because your elementary school best friend said they would help with the cramps. (Spoiler alert: They don't.)
There will come a day when your first major crush will ask you to be his girlfriend and you won't believe him because it's April Fools' Day. (Spoiler alert: He's not kidding.)
You will meet your best friend. I don't know what happens to you in the future, but I can guarantee she's going to be your best friend for at least five years and she's the one that will always know what to say, what to do and how to act. (Spoiler alert: She's just as kooky as you.)
There will be days when everyone you love is going to piss you off and make you run far away from home. Don't. (Most authors can confirm that the hard times inspire good writing.)
Spend your money on adventures. Never say no to adventures, no matter how hard it might be to pull yourself out of your routine.

Actually, you know what? I wouldn't want you to read this.
I don't want to spoil the future for you. I don't want you to say that it's not worth it.
All I wish I could tell you is that even when you feel like crap, know that it gets better.
Anyway, I am off to new adventures now. Off to my next decade.

Love always,
20-year-old Jerneja

You Might Also Like These:

0 komentarji