3 TV shows I recently started watching

April 11, 2018

Midterm exams have come and gone and after I was done with those I spent the next few weeks on short road trips around the country, craft...


Midterm exams have come and gone and after I was done with those I spent the next few weeks on short road trips around the country, crafting, playing with my cats and dogs, nieces and nephews, and indulging in good quality TV.
Despite the fact that I watch about a hundred TV shows – I've never actually counted them because I'm afraid the number would come too close to that – I have pretty high standards for the ones that get qualified into my top 10. They don't need to be good quality shows, but they have to tug at my heartstrings. So if you feel like you might have a similar taste in TV series as me based on the ones I've fangirled before, here's a few you could try. 

Playing House
I haven't heard about the Jessica StClair/Lennon Parham comedic duo before, but they're amazing. I love them and the way they incorporate important issues into a sitcom (like Jessica's real life battle with breast cancer).
It's pretty short, 26 episodes throughout 3 seasons, but every single episode is amazing and rewatchable.



The Bold Type
Being a journalism student, I'm constantly torn between what people perceive as "real journalism", and entertainment magazines. Since there's so little TV shows that would show the creative side and the process of magazines, The Bold Type is the right choice. Along with female empowerment, awesome actors and the fact that it's coming back in June, I am a huge fan.



NewsRadio
Contrary to The Bold Type, NewsRadio deals with a "real journalism" radio station and the relationships between the people who work there. I love the humor, I love how the characters are written, and the fact that Dave Foley was veeery attractive in the 90s (not that he isn't now, but it would be inappropriate for me to say that).
(I couldn't find any trailers, so here's a clip from the series).




What other TV shows should I be watching? 

You Might Also Like These:

0 komentarji