Summer child, born and raised

August 01, 2018

I was born on a sunny (supposedly hot) summer day all those (22) years ago. I never knew what it was about my birthday that made me ...


I was born on a sunny (supposedly hot) summer day all those (22) years ago.

I never knew what it was about my birthday that made me love it so much, but I know now - as it was right in the middle of school vacation, I never had any school obligations. 

Maybe the fact that my birthdays were always filled with carefree and school-free adventure made me adore summer so much.
When I was younger, I was able to play with the neighbors' kids day and night.
And now that I am older, I am able to enjoy open-air concerts and festivals where I can now forget about college assignments or the fact that I might get a cold from standing outside for about 6 seconds without a wintercoat (because really, who wants to go to an outdoor party during winter?).

So as much as I love the colors of fall, building snowmen during winter, and watching nature wake up in the spring, there is nothing as magical as running around with bare feet, a healthy tan and a minimal number of clothing items.

As much as I love Christmas and snow, a 35-degree summer day beats depressing winter days for me.

The thought of September coming closer makes me choke up.
The weather forecasts, saying autumn is coming closer, make me feel a kind of pre-nostalgia.
It feels like a break up that keeps happening over and over and over again; I have to let go of summer with hopes that the next one will be even better.

So far, every summer has been better than the last, and that is why this quote hits so close to home.



At the same time, this quote is the reason I am far less worried.
Who says I can't make every day my July?
Sure, I am 10 times more bored and stressed and freezing all the time during winter, but that doesn't mean I can't make every day the most magical day ever. Especially if I am surrounded by the amazing people I've been surrounded with this summer that can make the most terrible day instantly better, and the most boring topic into something I can't stop talking about.

What is your favorite season of the year?



You Might Also Like These:

0 komentarji