My top 5 celeb memoirs

April 13, 2016

I love books. And even though I adore basically every genre, there's one that especially gets me - autobiographies/memoirs. I love a g...

I love books. And even though I adore basically every genre, there's one that especially gets me - autobiographies/memoirs. I love a good story, and when I know that story actually happened here in the real world, I get even more excited, especially if it's written by people I admire. That's why I've been reading mostly memoirs these past few weeks since I finished my exams. And here's my top 5 inspirational memoirs by my favorite celebrities.


Yes Please by Amy Poehler
The first time I saw Amy Poehler was when I started watching Parks&Rec. She portrayed a strong badass that can do anything, and she proved that she's exactly as awesome as Leslie Knope in this book, touching all kinds of subjects of her adult life, even her divorce.

Bossypants by Tina Fey
Tina Fey is just amazing. This book touches important topics, such as people asking her how it feels like to be a boss - even though no one would ask a man that. She mostly writes about writing for SNL, her Sarah Palin impersonation, and her show 30 Rock.

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? and Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
If you haven't watched The Mindy Project yet, go do that now. This lady is the creator, director and main star of the show and it's really cool. That said, this memoir is about her work on The Office, where she was a writer and also a recurring character, and The Mindy Project. And also about SNL, where she worked briefly as a guest writer (That's actually where she met Amy Poehler personally and she described that encounter just the way I would've imagined).

Brunette Ambition by Lea Michele
Lea Michele has been my inspiration ever since I started watching Glee (2010?). Seeing her go through all kinds of crap the past couple of years has made me love her even more because she's so strong, it's inspirational. The book itself has a bunch of motivation boosts so I felt very encouraged while reading it.


These are all women I respect and love and they're mostly (except for Lea Michele) professional writers, so reading these was a real pleasure. Are there any other fun memoirs you think I should read? 

You Might Also Like These:

0 komentarji